Hello all! It's time for another very delayed christmas recipe!
Sorry it's been a couple of weeks! I fell over on the ice a couple of weeks ago and bruised my coccyx, it has been far too painful to sit still long enough to blog since! But it is feeling much better now and so I can share another recipe with you all :). This particular one I will be making myself tomorrow!!
Spicey cranberry Chutney
30 grams dried apricots finely chopped
110g brown sugar (recipe does not specify what type so I will be using soft brown!)
285g fresh cranberries
1 granny smith apple, peeled cored and chopped
2g grated lemon zest
60ml fresh lemon juice
20g chopped crystallised ginger
2g red pepper flakes
1. In a saucepan, combine apricots, brown sugar, raisins and water and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to stir for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in cranberries, apple and lemon zest and simmer for another 10 minutes
4. Stir lemon juice, ginger and pepper flakes into the mixture before removing from heat.
5. Portion into sterilized jars and allow to cool
I'm really looking forward to this one, i picked up all of my ingredients today and they smell yummy!
Also I have managed to gather some lovely goodies to pop in with the giveaways for the lucky winners! So if you haven't signed up to join in already then what are you waitiing for? hehe :D